Time Warner Cable offers free Tennis Channel preview
NEW YORK — Time Warner Cable today announced it will offer its digital customers in areas affected by a CBS blackout a free preview of Tennis Channel during the US Open Tennis Championship Series, from August 26 through September 9, 2013. Tennis Channel will broadcast close to 240 hours of U.S. Open coverage, including 75 hours of live coverage — featuring exclusive prime-time matches Labor Day weekend - with daily preview and highlight shows.
“We appreciate our customers’ patience as we work to resolve the blackout with CBS” Time Warner Cable subscribers also have access to many of the live US Open matches on CBS Sports Network and ESPN2.
“We appreciate our customers’ patience as we work to resolve the blackout with CBS,” said Mike Angus, Time Warner Cable SVP and General Manager, Video. “We know the US Open is popular programming. We’re pleased to be able to offer additional programming via Tennis Channel to customers affected by this dispute. A lot of the matches will also still be available to customers via ESPN2 and CBS Sports Network.”
Tennis fans will also be able to watch more than 200 US Open matches live for free via US Open Live on www.usopen.org. Finals weekend matches will be available for free via the US Open Live app, which will be available to Android and iPhone users that weekend.
More information on the U.S. Open, including event schedules, live matches and TV schedules is available on usopen.org.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year