Tennis Channel celebrates first decade with special
LOS ANGELES — As Tennis Channel celebrates its first 10 years this year, it will look back on a decade of memories and game changers with Tennis Channel Yearbook, an hour-long retrospective of the network’s history that premieres Wednesday, May 15, at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Hosted by Murphy Jensen, a 1993 French Open doubles champion and veteran Tennis Channel personality, the show will highlight the network’s progress and milestones in a yearbook-style format, beginning with its freshman year. The program’s high school environment will include tournament coverage highlights and excerpts from a series of original programming shows.
“Tennis Channel Yearbook is a testament to the network’s evolution over the past decade,” said Laura Hockridge, vice president of original programming. “From our first days on air to covering all four Grand Slams, there have been plenty of memorable feats as we’ve made our way in the worlds of tennis and television.”
It will feature interviews from celebrity fans and current top players, as well as early appearances from then rising stars, such as Roger Federer’s 2003 appearance on the network’s Center Court with Chris Myers, fresh after his first Wimbledon win. Additionally, the show will spotlight the network’s wide variety of on-air talent since its launch in 2003.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis launches 22nd franchise
- Ashaway named the Official String of PTR
- eBay Hire joins PTR
- Ashaway to sponsor junior squash tournament