Wilson tennis has outstanding 2012
CHICAGO — Coming off an exceptional 2012 on tour and a year with considerable growth in Wilson’s business and brand position, Wilson Tennis (www.wilsontennis.com) is in top form for the Australian Open with defending women’s champion Victoria Azarenka, Wilson-career player Roger Federer and 2012 US Open winner Serena Williams, fresh off her title at the Brisbane International Tournament. With the introduction of new Blade™ rackets, along with the new Steam and top selling Juice® and Pro Staff® rackets, Wilson is positioned well to continue its growth in 2013.
“Our athletes had an incredible 2012,” said Jon Muir, general manager of Wilson Racquet Sports. “Combined with very strong business results, we have fantastic momentum heading into 2013 and the Australian Open. We developed an amazing pipeline of new products that drove our growth in 2012 and our player’s success on tour with these same products further fueled our development. We are looking forward to seeing some of our new technologies and new head to toe softgoods collections help our player’s success for the Australian Open and throughout 2013.”
Serena Williams continues her success with Wilson’s new Blade racket for 2013, winning the 2013 Brisbane event, which marks her 47th career title and extends her dominant performances to 35 wins in her last 36 matches. Wilson tour players produced other milestones at Brisbane: Grigor Dimitrov broke through to the finals with the Pro Staff; and Kei Nishikori reached the semis playing with the Steam.
Heading into 2013, Wilson has also signed French player Gael Monfils, who has switched to Wilson’s new Blade racket along with Russian Vera Zvonareva, winner of last year’s Australian Open’s women’s doubles title, playing with the new Steam 99. Along with Wilson’s new Blade and Steam racket ranges, Wilson’s head to toe players will be using the new Rush Pro shoe and wearing our spring season apparel collection.
Wilson owns more Grand Slam titles than any other racket brand and is the number one brand in tennis.
- For player news and updates, visit: wilsontennis.com
- For insights from the Wilson Players Suite, visit the Wilson Tennis Blog: wilsontennis.wordpress.com
- Australian Open homepage: australianopen.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony
- Salazar upsets Mustonen at NetSuite Open
- Seeded players advance in NetSuite Open
- Club Med Generation Cup expanding
- Bay Area represented at NetSuite Open
- USPTA pros help raise $22K for military families