Head the most successful racquet in 2012
Kennelbach, Austria — HEAD Racquet Rebels Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova and Andy Murray have helped advance HEAD racquets to the top of an unofficial ranking for success during the just-concluded 2012 season, as published by British Website The Tennis Space.
The Australian Open title of world No. 1 Djokovic, the breakthrough win by Murray at the US Open, plus the French Open trophy from Maria Sharapova gave the brand a solid hat-trick of success at the majors. HEAD took the lead over the course of the season at the big events as a whole. According to that table, HEAD totaled a winning 330 points at the 2012 Grand Slams under a system awarding 50 points for a singles champion, 25 for a runner-up, 10 for a semi-finalist and 5 points for a quarter-finalist.
HEAD also took the best marks for the number of top players in the ATP World Tour rankings. With Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Tomas Berdych, and Richard Gasquet HEAD has finished the season with four players in the Top 10. Having 6 HEAD Racquet Rebels in the Top 20 and 14 in the Top 50 is also an amazing year-end result for 2012.
To see the results, go to thetennisspace.com/ranking-the-rackets-who-performed-best-in-2012.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Rome Tennis Center grand opening
- ITHF courts dedicated
- Tecnifibre the official Citi Open stringer
- WTT Smash Hits returns to Caesars Palace
- US Open purse surpasses $46 million
- Snodgrass adds tennis division
- Chase to support 10 NJTL chapters
- Murray makes history in London
- ‘Zero poly’ alternatives gaining momentum
- WTA legends reunite at Wimbledon