HEAD Penn and ATP extend partnership
LONDON — The ATP and HEAD Penn announced the extension of their partnership for a further five years in London. Under the agreement, HEAD Penn will continue to be the official tennis ball of the ATP World Tour, as well as the official ball of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, through 2017.
The agreement marks an extension to a partnership which started in 1994 and will celebrate its 20-year anniversary on January 1st 2014, making HEAD Penn the longest-standing partner of the ATP.
“HEAD is one of the most established brands in our sport and has been a great partner for the ATP for many years,” said Brad Drewett, ATP Executive Chairman & President. “We’re delighted to extend our partnership a further five years and look forward to continuing to build on our successful relationship.”
“The continuation of our long-term partnership with the ATP strengthens our position as a leading brand on the ATP World Tour,” added Ottmar Barbian, Vice President and Division Manager HEAD Racquet Sports. “We are proud to not only provide the racquets for several outstanding players in the Top 10, but also to be trusted as official ball supplier to the Tour on an ongoing basis.”
“It’s the best ball in tennis,” ATP world No.1 Novak Djokovic confirms. “Whenever I can, I definitely choose that ball!” Next to Novak Djokovic, HEAD players Andy Murray and Tomas Berdych are once again among the eight contenders battling for the title at this year’s Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London’s O2 arena this week.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year