Bryan brothers play ping-pong for charity
Identical twins and world champion tennis players Mike and Bob Bryan now have their Career Golden Slam, having racked up 11 Men’s Doubles career Grand Slam Titles and a gold in London. They will be in NYC for the U.S. Open and limbering up ahead of the tournament by playing ping-pong with the FDNY’s ace ping-pong players for a charity tournament at SPiN Galactic in Manhattan.
Sixteen doubles teams representing FDNY firehouses from across all five boroughs will compete in tournament-style play-off matches to vie for the winning spot in the final round against the Bryan Brothers.
The ping pong tournament is sponsored by Nesquik® to pay tribute to and support the FDNY, and also to help build awareness for the ways that athletes and consumers alike can keep their bodies in prime shape following rigorous physical exercise. Replacing muscle fuel after exercise is essential for an athlete’s recovery - and the results from recent studies suggest that low-fat chocolate milk contains just the right mix of carbs and protein to aid in this process.
Naturally, pro tennis players make great ping-pong players, but a little known fact on the tennis circuit is that ping-pong helps keep players limber and relaxed between matches, and is an activity firefighters enjoy during their downtime.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat presents connected tennis
- adidas Roland Garros Collection by Y-3
- CopperWynd announces new Director of Tennis
- ITA secures partnership with Oracle
- Ashaway introduces ZyMax 62 Fire
- Tecnifibre launches ‘Young Guns’ contest
- More facilities offer 'Try Tennis Free'
- Tennis Channel adds two new shows
- Pros attend Cardio Tennis Trainer Summit
- PlayTennis.com gets key upgrades