Celebrate Tennis Night & BNP Paribas Showdown
Help celebrate tennis in your community by hosting a Youth Registration event in the month of March. In conjunction with Tennis Night in America and the 2011 BNP Paribas Showdown, which is Monday, Feb. 28, you’ll help put tennis on center stage, and you’ll jumpstart tennis signups for spring and summer programs, and get parents involved. To partner with the USTA and register an event, go to tennisnight.com.
The BNP Paribas Showdown will be held at New York’s Madison Square Garden on Feb. 28. The one-night tennis showcase will feature two of the greatest rivalries in all of tennis when John McEnroe faces off against Ivan Lendl, followed by Pete Sampras taking on Andre Agassi.
ESPN will televise the Showdown live. Starting at 7 p.m. ET, ESPN3.com will stream the McEnroe-Lendl match, then at 9 p.m., ESPN2 will televise Sampras-Agassi. On-air commentators will include Chris Fowler, Patrick McEnroe and former Agassi coaches Darren Cahill and Brad Gilbert. MSG Networks will air replays of the event on March 7 and 14.
The BNP Paribas Showdown is produced by StarGames and MSG Sports. The Showdown, in partnership with the USTA, will continue efforts to grow youth participation in tennis through “Tennis Night in America,” which is among the largest ever grassroots initiative in the sport.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Venus leads U.S. Fed Cup team
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- Longoria starts 2016 with a win
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company