Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Victorious in Tokyo
ATP World Tour No. 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga used his Wilson [K]obra Tour racket as he clinched his third ATP World Tour title of the season in Tokyo. The dynamic Jo-Wilfried powered his way to a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Youzhny in the final of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships.
Since finishing runner-up to at the 2008 Australian Open, Tsonga has reached five ATP World Tour finals and won all five titles.
“Jo-Wilfried is a true force on the ATP Tour,” says Massimo Calvelli, Wilson Tour Director. “Not only is Jo-Wilfried a great player, but his pure joy for the game is infectious and he is a great ambassador for tennis.”
With his victory in Tokyo, Tsonga received 500 South African Airways 2009 ATP Ranking points to bring him closer to earning one of the three remaining singles spots at ATP World Tour Championships, to be held at the O2 in London, November 22-29. “I am so happy to win another title and this puts me closer to London,” said Tsonga. “I have so much confidence now going into Shanghai and all the indoor events. It’s a great time of the year for me.”
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be in action in Shanghai this week. For an interview with Jo-Wilfried, click here. http://www.youtube.com/user/WilsonRacquet#p/u/0/16xKSQKf7iQ
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells