Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Victorious in Tokyo
ATP World Tour No. 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga used his Wilson [K]obra Tour racket as he clinched his third ATP World Tour title of the season in Tokyo. The dynamic Jo-Wilfried powered his way to a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Youzhny in the final of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships.
Since finishing runner-up to at the 2008 Australian Open, Tsonga has reached five ATP World Tour finals and won all five titles.
“Jo-Wilfried is a true force on the ATP Tour,” says Massimo Calvelli, Wilson Tour Director. “Not only is Jo-Wilfried a great player, but his pure joy for the game is infectious and he is a great ambassador for tennis.”
With his victory in Tokyo, Tsonga received 500 South African Airways 2009 ATP Ranking points to bring him closer to earning one of the three remaining singles spots at ATP World Tour Championships, to be held at the O2 in London, November 22-29. “I am so happy to win another title and this puts me closer to London,” said Tsonga. “I have so much confidence now going into Shanghai and all the indoor events. It’s a great time of the year for me.”
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be in action in Shanghai this week. For an interview with Jo-Wilfried, click here. http://www.youtube.com/user/WilsonRacquet#p/u/0/16xKSQKf7iQ
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta
- Expanded US Open Series coverage crosses platforms
- Stars headline WTT event
- MAC juniors dominate championships
- Ram wins 2015 HoF Championships