HEAD Launches YOUTEK Radical Series
Austria - Kennelbach — Radical changes are ahead for one of the best selling frames in the world, as HEAD announces the launch of the new YOUTEK™ Radical Series. The legendary frame, made famous by tennis great Andre Agassi, features updated technologies that has tennis stars, including Robin Soderling, Marin Cilic, Amelie Mauresmo, Patty Schnyder and Alize Cornet have made the racquet switch before Wimbledon.
World No. 3 player Andy Murray will also switch to the YOUTEK™ Radical Pro within the next few weeks. He is often cited as the game’s fittest athlete and picks up where former No. 1 Andre Agassi left off: Successfully wielding the Radical as his weapon of choice as HEAD launches the next generation in the frame series.
“I’ve always looked up to Andre Agassi as a player and man so it’s a privilege to carry on the tradition of the Radical racquet which he made so famous,” said Murray. “With the new YOUTEK™ Radical, I know that I’m getting the right technical support and latest technology to support my style of play.”
The Radical series is powered by YOUTEK™, which combines superior technologies to give you the individual benefits you need to match your playing style. Not only does YOUTEK™ meet your individual needs but it enhances your performance on the court and brings out the best in “you”.
“Like our Speed Series, the new Radical racquets feature HEAD’s YOUTEK™ technology which will enhance performance and meet each player’s individual needs,” said Johan Eliasch, CEO of the HEAD N.V. Group. “With the YOUTEK™ Radical, you receive all of the benefits of the original racquet plus an advanced technology to boost performance on the court.”
YOUTEK™ incorporates d3o™, a “smart material” which dramatically changes its behavior under dynamic loading or impact. Located in the shaft of the racquet, d3o™ reacts to the needs of a player in nano seconds, providing a softer touch and better feel on slow speed impacts, like a slice or a drop shot, and increases stiffness necessary to create power on high speed impacts, such as a serves and passing shots.
Another feature of YOUTEK™ is the introduction of HEAD Grommets with Teflon® friction reducing polymer, which allow minimal string friction and creates a bigger “sweet spot” through the even distribution of tension across the entire string bed.
The YOUTEK™ Radical series includes the following racquets:
- YOUTEK™ Radical Pro: This is Andy Murray’s racquet of choice for extra power. An open-string pattern provides extra-pop and spin and features a leather grip for ultimate tour performance.
- YOUTEK™ Radical MP & OS: These racquets provide the perfect combination of power and control that every player is looking for. It’s available in a mid plus head size for more control and an oversized for a larger sweetspot. The Radical MP and OS is an excellent racquet choice for a wide range of players.
- YOUTEK™ Radical Lite: The Radical Lite is a lighter, more powerful version of Murray’s weapon of choice. Its excellent maneuverability and feel appeals to a wide range of players. The open string pattern provides the extra spin you are looking for.
In addition, HEAD introduced the new Radical bag line. The new bags are designed with extreme abrasion and dirt resistant material on the bottom; longer, padded shoulder straps; metal buckles; and a detachable, adjustable, convertible shoulder strap system. The new Tour Package is available now in pro/specialty and sporting goods stores.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Grand Harbor to host charity tourney
- McInerney named 2016 ITA award winner
- Ashaway introduces Rally 21 Fire string
- Successful 2016 for Head tennis
- Play tennis for life
- Smashers take win in NBL thriller
- Langridge to feature at Sports Park
- Murray ends 2016 as No. 1
- Hitting partner of the top players
- USPTA offers USPA certification