Kim Clijsters: Welcome Back to the Babolat Team!
Babolat, Lyon - May 15, 2009 - Babolat is proud to welcome Kim Clijsters (BEL) back to its Pro Players team. World number 1 in 2003, Kim stopped her career two years ago to devote herself to her family life. She will naturally be playing with her Pure Drive racquet for her exhibition match at Wimbledon this weekend, before her official return to competition for the US hard court season this summer.
“We have been working together since 1999 when Kim was only 16 years-old. She’s a player with outstanding athletic and personal qualities. Our relationship is based on mutual trust. We are very glad to be with her for her comeback on the Tour. Actually, she has always been a member of our Team!” says Eric Babolat, CEO of Babolat.
“Babolat has always supported me during my career. When I made the decision to go back to competition, there was no question for me, it would be with Babolat,” says Kim Clijsters. “It’s great to feel the sensation of my Pure Drive again. See you this weekend at Wimbledon!”
About Kim Clijsters’ equipment
Racquet: Pure Drive. Power and versatility, the Pure Drive racquet is strengthened by the GT Technology, which reduces the torque for greater precision. Used by 3 world # 1’s: Carlos Moya (SPA), 1999 - Kim Clijsters (BEL) 2003 - Andy Roddick (USA) 2003 String: VS (natural gut) A legendary string with unrivalled performance! Exceptional power and ultra-comfortable feel, extraordinary tension hold Babolat natural gut is THE ultimate benchmark!
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin
- Thelma Coyne Long has passed away