HEAD Player Novak Djokovic Claimed Final Spot in Rome
Austria - Kennelbach - May 2009 - World No. 3 Novak Djokovic reached the final round at the Masters 1000 clay-court event in Rome by defeating Roger Federer in the semi final in three sets 4-6, 6-3, 6-3. In the final he was defeated by Nadal 7-6(2), 6-2. Djokovic plays with HEAD’s brand new YOUTEK Speed Pro.
In the doubles competition, HEAD player Nenad Zimonjic, of Serbia, and his doubles partner Daniel Nestor moved their winning streak to 12 matches, defeating defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan 7-6(5), 6-3 for the title. Zimonjic and Nestor improved to 23-6 record with the win.
In a Russian showdown on Sunday, HEAD player Svetlana Kuznetsova won the Porsche Grand Prix in Stuttgart, defeating World No.1 Dina Safina 6-4, 6-3. This is Kuznetsova’s first WTA title since September 2007. Kuznetsova plays with HEAD MicroGEL Extreme Pro with Teflon® polymer racquet. In the previous round, she could already win against No. 2 seeded Olympic champion Elena Dementieva.
Spanish HEAD player Anabel Medina Garrigues, who plays with the new MicroGEL Extreme with Teflon® polymer conquered the title of Fes, Morocco, winning against No. 8 seeded Ekaterina Makarova 6-0, 6-1. The victory in Fes marked her ninth career title - the first one in 2009.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- WTT ‘Poised For Next Phase of Growth,’ Says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award
- Arthur Ashe Stadium roof ‘topped off’
- Murray teams up with Seedrs
- Macatee joins USTA Foundation BoD
- Special guests at Rolex HoF enshrinement