HEAD Player Novak Djokovic Claimed Final Spot in Rome
Austria - Kennelbach - May 2009 - World No. 3 Novak Djokovic reached the final round at the Masters 1000 clay-court event in Rome by defeating Roger Federer in the semi final in three sets 4-6, 6-3, 6-3. In the final he was defeated by Nadal 7-6(2), 6-2. Djokovic plays with HEAD’s brand new YOUTEK Speed Pro.
In the doubles competition, HEAD player Nenad Zimonjic, of Serbia, and his doubles partner Daniel Nestor moved their winning streak to 12 matches, defeating defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan 7-6(5), 6-3 for the title. Zimonjic and Nestor improved to 23-6 record with the win.
In a Russian showdown on Sunday, HEAD player Svetlana Kuznetsova won the Porsche Grand Prix in Stuttgart, defeating World No.1 Dina Safina 6-4, 6-3. This is Kuznetsova’s first WTA title since September 2007. Kuznetsova plays with HEAD MicroGEL Extreme Pro with Teflon® polymer racquet. In the previous round, she could already win against No. 2 seeded Olympic champion Elena Dementieva.
Spanish HEAD player Anabel Medina Garrigues, who plays with the new MicroGEL Extreme with Teflon® polymer conquered the title of Fes, Morocco, winning against No. 8 seeded Ekaterina Makarova 6-0, 6-1. The victory in Fes marked her ninth career title - the first one in 2009.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA names paralympic wheelchair team
- Adcock and Langridge selected for Rio
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep
- USTA names National Junior Scholar athletes