HEAD Signs Squash World No. 1 Karim Darwish
Austria — Kennelbach — HEAD proudly presents the endorsement of the Egyptian squash pro and World No.1 Karim Darwish. The partnership became effective on January 1st 2009.
“We are glad to have the World’s No.1 player on tour as part of the HEAD team,” said Robert Marte, Executive Vice President of the Racquetsports Division.
In 2008, Karim reached six major World Tour finals, including the recent World Open in October, winning the Oregon Open, Qatar Classic and Saudi International, the World’s richest professional squash championships. Furthermore, he reached the semi finals of the Dayton Open, Canadian Classic, Davenport Professional Championship, Hurghada International, Macau Open and the prestigious British Open. Due to his great recent performances on court, twenty-seven-year-old Darwish has enjoyed tremendous success and was crowned World No.1 for the first time in the January Men’s World Rankings issued by the Professional Squash Association.
“I am very excited become a part of the HEAD family. It was an easy decision to switch brands due to the quality products that HEAD offers,” said Darwish. “I can’t wait for the upcoming tournaments to get out on the court and play with my new racquet.”
Since turning pro in 1999, the squash phenom and former World Junior Champion has claimed 15 PSA World Tour titles from 24 final appearances. Born in Cairo, Egypt, Darwish is married to female fellow HEAD player Engy Kheirallah.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Lloyd named coach of San Diego Aviators
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award