Penn Named as Official Ball of BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup
Phoenix, AZ - November 2008 - Penn has been named the official ball of the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean Cup which will be taking place Monday, March 2 at Madison Square Garden. The event will be telecast live on HBO beginning at 7:30 PM EST honoring Billie Jean King and will feature four of the women’s top tennis players in a single elimination format.
“Penn is proud to be the official ball of the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean Cup,” said Kevin Kempin, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for HEAD Penn Racquet Sports. “We are glad to be supporting an event that not only honors a tennis legend but will bring added interest to the game of tennis.”
Head Penn will be presenting the opening match featuring a look at the future of American tennis.
“We are very honored to have Penn back as the official ball for the second year, following this year’s successful event in Madison Square Garden featuring Pete Sampras and Roger Federer,” said J. Wayne Richmond, Event Director.
For more information about the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean Cup, visit http://stargamesinc.com/events/bnpparibasshowdown.html
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition