Wilson [K]Factor Continues Growth as the Top 3 Selling 'Hot New Rackets'
Chicago — Wilson Racquet Sports continues its growth, with the latest third quarter Sports Marketing Survey market share report showing that Wilson’s 2007 year-to-date market share has increased significantly over 2006. The [K]Six-one family of rackets now represents the #1, #2 and #3 top selling Hot New Racket models for the third quarter in the US market.
In addition to the dominance of the [K]Six-one family, Wilson has 5 of the Top 10 “Hot New Rackets”, including the new [K]Surge model. The Hot New Rackets rankings measures sales of new rackets that were launched within the past 12 months (from all brands) that consumers are buying the most (Q3 2007 TIA/SMS Specialty Store Retail Audit).
The Q3 2007 SMS summary also shows Wilson’s ongoing leadership in the market with consumers:
- #1 in Unit Share
- #1 in Dollar Share
- 5 of Top 10 Hot New Rackets
- 4 of Top 10 Best Selling Rackets
Wilson continues to also grow their share as the clear #1 tennis brand globally with very strong results in Q3 in Europe and Asia. In Japan, the second largest country for tennis (behind the U.S.) Wilson has also continued to increase their market share for 2007 and remains the clear #1 in share in both units and dollars. (Yano data, July/August. 2007).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String