2007 ATP Fantasy Tennis Presented by Stanford Opens
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, U.S.A. — Free sign-up for the 2007 ATP Fantasy Tennis Season Presented by Stanford is now open. Fans may register to play at ATPtennis.com and the game begins Monday, June 25, on Day 1 at Wimbledon.
To help launch the game, several ATP players including Roger Federer, James Blake, Nikolay Davydenko, Novak Djokovic and Marat Safin appear in a promotional video encouraging fans to ‘Pick me!’ The video can be viewed at fantasy.atptennis.com.
Fantasy Managers each week pick eight singles players and one doubles team. The more prize money players earn, the better a Fantasy Manager’s team performs. Fantasy Managers may change their team each week but may pick the same player in no more than five tournaments throughout the season.
New to the game in 2007:
- Fans can test their selection skills against a pro by joining the sub league of World No. 31 Mardy Fish, who each week will pick a team and provide an insider’s view into the ‘must have’ players;
- ATP stats legend Greg Sharko will also take a weekly statistical look at the players worthy of selection.
The game starts Monday, June 25, at Wimbledon and runs through November 4 when the regular ATP season concludes at the BNP Paribas Masters. The Fantasy Manager who earns the most prize money throughout the season will win an all-inclusive South African safari for two people, courtesy of South African Airways and Kings Camp Private Game Reserve. Additionally, the second and third-placed Fantasy Managers will both win return airfares for two people to South Africa.
ATPtennis.com has partnered with Tennis.com and Fantasy Sports Ventures to promote the 2007 ATP Fantasy Tennis Season Presented by Stanford. Sign-up is completely free.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- TGA launches first franchise in Oregon
- Longacre named acting head pro
- Five enshrined in ITHF
- Hewitt and Sock into Newport semifinals
- Groth and Karlovic into Newport semifinals
- Hall of Fame Championships quarterfinals
- US Open prize money to increase
- Velocity app: Hands-free speed radar
- NO.1VAK - HEAD's exclusive interview
- Isner, Hewitt, Mahut, Sock into round of 16