New Radical for a New Era
PHOENIX, Ariz. — HEAD has launched a new tour racquet - the MicroGel Radical - offering aggressive, competitive players the ultimate feel and unique touch - through HEAD’s newest technology, MicroGel.
The modern game of tennis has evolved into an era of harder hitting, increased spin and more aggressive spin speed. HEAD is leading the game with a modern update of Andre Agassi’s former weapon of choice.
“In today’s fast-paced, aggressive game, competitive players need a racquet that provides ultimate feel,” said Kevin Kempin, vice president of sales and marketing, HEAD Penn Racquet Sports. “Our new technology creates amazing response qualities and is wrapped up in cool-looking high-tech racquets.”
When combined with carbon composite fibers in the racquet head, MicroGel deforms and compresses upon ball impact, uniformly absorbing and distributing the impact load around the entire frame, creating a rock-solid feel while offering extra stability against twisting.
Amelie Mauresmo, No. 3 ranked WTA player, and Australian Open and Wimbledon Champion recently joined the HEAD team and chose the MicroGel Radical MP.
“I love the feel of the racquet, its power and its precision. The new MicroGel Radical MP has taken my game to a new level.” said Mauresmo.
The MicroGel Radical line will available in June 2007 and include the following:
- The MicroGel Radical OS: An oversize tour racquet that offers a large sweet spot with the remarkable feel of MicroGel’s Rock Solid Performance. An excellent racquet for a wide range of competitive players.
- MicroGel Radical MP: Everything a tour player wants in control, now with even more feel from HEAD’s MicroGel technology.
- MicroGel Radical Pro: Ideal for the faster playing style of aggressive players. MicroGel provides outstanding feel, while the open string pattern provides added pop and spin.
In addition, HEAD will introduce the new Radical bag line and the C3 Rocket string. The bags have a great new look, with fresh colors, cool design and bold branding. Made from high quality materials with excellent new features, these truly functional bags offer players all the space they need. The new bag lines are designed with extreme abrasion and dirt resistant material on the bottom; longer, padded shoulder straps; metal buckles; and a detachable, adjustable, convertible shoulder strap system. The C3 Rocket string is a mainstream string featuring C3 technology. This string combines maximum elasticity with great touch and outstanding control.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year