Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
During Tennis Night in America and the BNP Paribas Showdown in New York City on March 5, the TIA held two key meetings organized to update groups on various initiatives, programs and objectives. The following day, the TIA's retail consulting specialists, the Gluskin Townley Group, met to discuss challenges affecting the retail sector and ways for greater involvement with the industry.
On March 18 in California, the TIA held its board meeting during the USTA Annual Meeting. At both the New York and California meetings, Sports Marketing Surveys presented the latest participation research, reviewed the 10 and Under Tennis marketplace and analyzed tennis consumer trends.
The groups at both meetings also reviewed initiatives under way with 10 and Under Tennis at retail, heard about a planned national consumer promotion that would tie-in with the launch of PlayTennis.com, and explored the concept of a TIA Road Show with advocacy and support for retailers. At the board meeting, TIA President Jon Muir noted that for 10 and Under Tennis there’s still a need to “connect the dots” for tennis retailers and create broad-based awareness of the free tools and resources available from the TIA.
For an overview of the TIA's efforts and resources to support retail growth in the industry, visit tennisretailers.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers