Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
Tennis still holds a commanding lead among traditional sports in the percentage growth in participation since 2000, according to data from the Physical Activity Council. In fact, tennis is the only traditional sport to have a positive growth rate overall from 2000 to 2011, despite a slight decline last year. The PAC report is at physicalactivitycouncil.com. (The Physical Activity Council is made up of the SGMA, Tennis Industry Association, U.S. Tennis Association, National Golf Foundation, Snowsports Industries America, Outdoor Foundation, and International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association.)
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers