Tennis Industry to Rally in NYC in August
On Saturday, Aug. 27, just days before the US Open begins, the ballroom level of the Grand Hyatt New York will be transformed into “The Tennis Show” — a celebration of the sport that will include a Trade Show, the TIA Tennis Forum and the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame Awards Ceremony (visit TennisShow.com). That evening, The Tennis Show will lead into the Opening Session of the USTA’s 41st Annual Tennis Teachers Conference, along with a cocktail party for registered TTC attendees. The TTC continues through Aug. 30.
The Schedule for Aug. 27 is:
2 p.m. – Trade Show opens.
5:30 p.m. – The TIA Tennis Forum with TIA President Jon Muir, followed by the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame Awards Ceremony
6:15 p.m. – USTA TTC Opening Session
7 p.m. – Trade Show reopens
The TTC Opening Session will feature USTA Player Development General Manager Patrick McEnroe and USTA Chief Executive of Community Tennis Kurt Kamperman. The TTC, which will include key on-court teaching seminars and presentations, continues until Aug. 30 with some of the world’s best tennis teachers and coaches (visit USTA.com/TTC). Keynote speakers include Rick Macci on Aug. 28, Nick Bollettieri on Aug. 29, and Jim Courier at the closing session on Aug. 30.
If you can’t make it to New York, follow The Tennis Show on Facebook and Twitter at @tennisshow, @tennisindustry, and @rsimagazine.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers