Focusing on Industry Growth
Over 35 years ago, the American Tennis Industry Federation was created to help pull together the disparate and competing businesses in the sport and work toward common goals. Now called the Tennis Industry Association, that spirit of cooperation is more alive than ever, as the TIA not only helps all sectors of this industry, but also provides key research, initiatives, programs and vision that have far-reaching, positive effects on tennis. Critical to a healthy industry and sport are three key areas of focus for the TIA:
- Frequent Player Growth: The goal is to have 10 million frequent players by 2020 (currently there are 5 million), since they account for more than 80% of all consumer goods and services sold. Together with all industry partners, the TIA is strengthening the supporting pathways and retention programs for new and non-frequent players to develop into frequent players. Important in this area is the industry-wide focus on 10 and Under Tennis.
- Economic Growth: The TIA is the #1 research source for tennis, providing important benchmarks and trends on players, consumers, retailers, facilities, etc., to help guide our path. As we continue to improve and refine data collection and analysis, we are better able to define the economic impact of the tennis industry, identify ways to impact growth and stimulate the tennis economy, and generate excitement and interest in the sport.
- Communications/Positioning: The TIA continues to build a network of industry contacts and mainstream communications tools to distribute clear, consistent messaging of health, fitness and the reasons to play tennis. We are broadening the industry’s and sport’s reach directly with consumers, increasing awareness of the core benefits of tennis and how consumers can easily get started in the sport.
The TIA’s board of directors is composed of leaders from all sectors of the tennis industry who are committed to promoting these key goals, and dedicated to improving the growth and economic vitality of tennis and its businesses. As the conscience for our sport, the TIA is unifying the tennis industry under one brand — TENNIS.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers