Upcoming Industry Events
Tennis Teachers Conference: The USTA’s 41st annual Tennis Teachers Conference will be at the Grand Hyatt New York Aug. 27-30. USTA Player Development General Manager Patrick McEnroe will open the TTC on Saturday night, Aug. 27. Other keynote speakers expected during the three-day event are Rick Macci on Aug. 28, Nick Bollettieri on Aug. 29 and Jim Courier at the closing session on Aug. 30. Throughout the TTC, there will be presentations by top tennis teachers and coaches. For registered attendees, there will be a reception at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on Aug. 29. Also, the first 500 registrants will receive a grounds pass for the US Open day session Aug. 30. Visit USTA.com/TTC.
The Tennis Show 2011: Plans are in the works for this inaugural event, which is presented by the USTA and TIA. The Tennis Show 2011 will be a collaborative celebration of tennis featuring informative and educational presentations on Saturday, Aug. 27, at the Grand Hyatt. The event will include a Tennis Trade Show, the TIA Tennis Forum, and the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame Award Ceremony, then will lead directly into the Opening Session of the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference. More details will be announced soon. Keep updated by becoming a fan of The Tennis Show Facebook page.
Tennis Industry Hall of Fame: Nominations are being accepted through June 30 for the 4th annual Tennis Industry Hall of Fame induction. Plaques of the previous inductees–Howard Head (2008), Dennis Van der Meer (2008), Alan Schwartz (2009), and Billie Jean King (2010)–are on permanent display at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I. Visit TennisIndustry.org/HOF to find out more and to nominate online.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers