10 and Under Tennis: Next Steps for Retailers
The USTA is investing millions of dollars in the 10 and Under Tennis initiative to ensure future growth at all levels of this sport. This major investment right from the top will mean major growth at the game’s grassroots. The USTA is working closely with the entire tennis industry to make it easy to get involved in 10 and Under Tennis, which aims to increase the number of new, young players and ensure they start appropriately on the pathway to becoming frequent players and lifelong tennis consumers. To that end, the TIA has assumed a larger role in supporting the retail effort for the 10 and Under Tennis initiative.
What do retailers need to do to get involved?
First, you need to sign up! Go to TennisIndustry.org/Retail to register. You will receive immediate access to download web banners, marketing materials, retail tips, and more–plus you will receive a free retailer kit in the mail from the USTA and TIA that will contain the Parent’s Guide to Tennis, a wall chart (at right), postcards and hang-cards to help you attract more customers. Once you’re signed up, you’ll also be kept up to date on future marketing and communications efforts.
Why should you get involved? The USTA is spearheading national marketing and promotions that can bring more customers to your business.
List your retail business on the USTA’s 10andUnderTennis.com site. Retailers who make a commitment to carrying 10 and Under Tennis equipment will have the added benefit of being listed on the 10andUnderTennis.com Retail Locator, provided they meet certain requirements. Go to TennisIndustry.org/Retail to find out more and to register.
We appreciate your cooperation and support as we look to make 10 and Under Tennis a pathway to bring all of us in the industry the added players and consumers to help our sport and businesses grow!
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers