TIA to Lead 10 and Under Tennis Retail Effort
The TIA’s mission is to promote the growth and economic vitality of tennis — ensuring there is a positive economic impact for the industry. One of the most effective ways to achieve industry growth is through collective support for the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis initiative, which has the overall goal of increasing the number of new, young tennis players and ensuring they start appropriately on the pathway to becoming frequent players and lifelong tennis consumers.
The USTA’s objective is to get as many children as possible playing tennis. The TIA’s goal is to work with the USTA to support the 10 and Under Tennis initiative in a way that will bring both short- and long-term benefits to all sectors of this industry. To that end, the TIA has assumed a larger role in supporting tennis retailers in 10 and Under Tennis.
On the 10andundertennis.com website — which is a key to bringing youngsters, and their parents, into the sport — the TIA will coordinate the locator for both online and brick-and-mortar tennis retailers. This includes supporting both a broad online retail locator function and also creating and maintaining an easily searchable (by ZIP code) database of tennis shops meeting minimum qualifications for listing.
One component crucial to the success of 10 and Under Tennis is the availability of a full range of racquets and balls, which effectively cover all ages.
As a retailer, what can you do right now to move the 10 and Under Tennis initiative forward and help your business? Visit TennisIndustry.org/Retail and register your contact information and retail store. After you do, you’ll receive a free 10 and Under Tennis Retailer Kit and you’ll be on our list to receive timely email blasts about future youth tennis retail developments and promotions.
The goal for the industry is to put young tennis consumers on the pathway to becoming frequent tennis players and key revenue generators — benefiting all sectors of the industry. Your efforts and continued support are vital to the sustainability and growth of the industry.
Register for 10 and Under Tennis Retailer Kit
After you register your retail business at TennisIndustry.org/Retail, you’ll receive a free 10 and Under Tennis retailer kit that includes materials to help you market and sell equipment and promote your business.
Once you register, you also can download this material.
In addition, qualified retailers can have their business included in a retail search locator that appears on 10andundertennis.com. (Details on this are coming soon.)
- 10 and Under Tennis Retail Opportunities Presentation: See the opportunities that this initiative can bring to your business and the sport.
- 10 and Under Tennis National Promotional Events:
- This calendar will help you plan your local marketing strategy to take advantage of the national campaign, so you can create awareness of 10 and Under Tennis and your retail business.
- 10 and Under Tennis Product Wall Chart: An easy-to-use guide on how to fit children with the appropriate-sized equipment for their age and height.
- 10 and Under Tennis Parents’ Guide: This booklet will help parents get their children playing, and enjoying, tennis right now.
- 10 and Under Tennis Logos: Use these logos on your website or on any printed material to show that you have 10 and Under Tennis products available.
- 10 and Under Tennis Webinar Series: These informative webinars are designed to provide retailers with educational information and marketing ideas to help boost your sales while growing awareness of 10 and Under Tennis.
- 10 and Under Tennis Advertorial: Nick Bollettieri discusses the new rules change for tennis and how it will help tennis grow in the coming years.
- TIA Tools and Resources for Retailers: Information to help you take advantage of marketing opportunities and to create awareness of 10 and Under Tennis and your retail business.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers