To Promote the Growth and Economic Vitality of Tennis
As the unifying force in this industry, the Tennis Industry Association is dedicated to working with all of its partners to promote the growth and economic vitality of tennis. Our goal is to develop and implement initiatives and support common platforms that can increase tennis participation and improve the economic health of the industry.
The TIA’s central platforms are Frequent Player Growth, Economic Growth and Industry Communications & Positioning — areas that will help lead to increased growth throughout all sectors of the tennis industry.
- Frequent Player Growth: To increase frequent players from the current 5.4 million to 7.5 million in 2015 and 10 million in 2020. Frequent players (those who play at least 21 times a year) are the core economic drivers of our sport, accounting for more than 80% of all consumer goods and services sold. Increasing frequent players to 10 million would have the most dramatic impact on the tennis economy. With our industry partners, we are strengthening the supporting pathways and retention programs for new and non-frequent players to develop into frequent players. Important in this endeavor is QuickStart Tennis and the industry-wide focus to get children under 10 on the proper pathway to becoming frequent players.
- Economic Growth: To better define the economic impact of the tennis industry and to identify ways to impact the growth of the industry. The new TIA Economic Index, in development, will compile data from all sectors of the industry to determine a measurable economic impact for tennis in the U.S. and to define the industry’s “worth.” The Index, in turn, will be the leading macro indicator of our collective efforts to generate more revenue into the tennis industry.
- Communications/Positioning: To build a network of industry contacts and mainstream communications tools to distribute clear, consistent messaging for the sport and share research and key industry news. TennisIndustry.org is the central source for industry-related research, news and events. Through consistent messaging, we can broaden the industry’s and sport’s reach with consumers to increase awareness of core benefits and how they can easily get started in the sport and on the correct pathway to becoming frequent players.
Tennis in the U.S. has more players now — over 30 million — than at any time in the last few decades. And we still are, by far, the fastest growing traditional participation sport in the country. To continue down this road, and to continue to grow and pick up even more momentum, we need to continue to grow our frequent player base.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers