Tennis Welcome Center Spotlight
The 11-court Reed-Sweatt Family Tennis Center in Minneapolis opens its doors to players of all abilities, ages, and demographics, offering something for everyone. But one of the most important things, says General Manager Mike Vidmar, is to always bring in new players.
“Helping new players get into the game or getting former players reintroduced is huge,” says Vidmar. “Not every beginner is at the same level, so we offer three different programs for beginners.” The center also has extensive junior programming with 14 levels of play, and leagues that involve 1,300 players. In the winter, Inner City Tennis runs free clinics and the center hosts an annual charity event for the organization.
“Becoming a Tennis Welcome Center really helped us put our name out there to new players,” Vidmar adds. “People know what they’re getting when they come to our facility,” says Vidmar.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers