Tennis Night in America Also Features $1 Million Serve!
March 1 is Tennis Night in America, and there will be many activities that take place on this important night, including a potential serve for $1 million in Madison Square Garden, the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup, and the culmination of Youth Registration for upcoming tennis programming.
The winner of the tennis industry’s “Racket Up, America!” sweepstakes — Mrs. Christine Smith of Hurst, Texas — will serve a tennis ball in Madison Square Garden on March 1 that could win her $1 million! The serve will be hit to a target during the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup, which features four of the world’s best women players. The “Racket Up, America!” promotion ran from July 15 to Sept. 30. Other prizes included a trip for two to the 2010 US Open Men’s Singles and Women’s Doubles finals and 20 $500 tennis merchandise prize packs.
The BNP Paribas Showdown will bring together Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Kim Clijsters and Svetlana Kuznetsova, vying for $1.2 million in prize money. For tickets, call 866-858-0008 or visit Ticketmaster.com.
Tennis Night in America is the culmination of four days devoted to Youth Registration for spring and summer programming. The USTA and local tennis facilities across the country will host events from Feb. 26 to March 1 to help jumpstart upcoming junior tennis programs. Rally your community and promote youth participation in tennis by hosting a Youth Registration event (visit tennisnight.com). The USTA will provide all registered events with:
- Turn-key marketing materials, including flyers, posters, print ads and press releases.
- A downloadable how-to guide that includes tips on event planning and marketing, event execution and recap.
- Access to Recreational On-Court Training Workshops. Sign up today!
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers