Grow the Industry
New Consumer ‘Widget’ To Help Drive Growth
Finding places to play, tennis programs, retailers, coaching, game-matching and more just got easier. A prototype “widget” is being developed that will go on industry and consumer websites so players and potential players can find exactly what they’re looking for to play tennis, or to play more tennis. For instance, to find a facility, program or retailer, you can quickly search by name, city, state, or ZIP code, tapping into the database of more than 20,000 facilities. Searches also can bring up a map and directions. Consumers can also search for a retail location that has a specific demo racquet available, or do a “find a game” search for tennis partners. Stay tuned for more information, or visit playtennis.com.
Find Your Career Path at CareersInTennis.com
The TIA has soft‐launched a new online career development tool, CareersInTennis.com, to attract more young talent into the industry. Job seekers can research tennis organizations and companies, view universities that offer Professional Tennis Management programs, and access a variety of other tennis industry job sites and career development tools.
If you’re looking for an intern position, or for a person to fill an open position, see the opportunities on the website. For more information about CareersInTennis.com, contact the TIA at 843.686.3036 x 226 or email Ryan@TennisIndustry.org.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers