Va. Club Installs First Permanent QuickStart Clay Courts in U.S.
The first permanent QuickStart Tennis Har-Tru courts were installed recently at the Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Va., by Lee Tennis. The club saw an opportunity to convert an existing Har-Tru court into four QST courts to allow children under the age of 10 and older seniors to play tennis on a learning and forgiving surface.
“Bringing young players into the game of tennis and creating an environment where they can learn to play smarter and longer are crucial to developing their immediate and long-term skills and habits,” says club Tennis Director Patrick Kearns. The Farmington Country Club plans to hold QuickStart Tennis tournaments throughout the remainder of the year.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers