TWC Spotlight: Village Glen Tennis Club, Williamsville, NY
Drive into the parking lot of Village Glen Tennis Club and you’re greeted with a huge Tennis Welcome Center banner hanging outside the club. The banner lets everyone know that this facility is a place that anyone can call home … and many people do. Village Glen Tennis Club, in Williamsville, N.Y., a suburb of Buffalo, is booming with close to 1,000 members, 14 courts, an indoor soccer field, a rehabilitation center with five massage therapists, and a small gym.
“Village Glen has a real personal touch and most of our members like to call it a home away from home,” says Tennis Director Stephen Sayoc. “Being a Tennis Welcome Center fits with the philosophy of the club: We want everyone to play no matter what your level or age. Whether you play singles, doubles or Cardio Tennis, we have something for everyone.”
Village Glen has programming for all levels of play, including programs especially for beginners. “EZ Tennis in a Snap” is a class for new players and has three different levels. Each series of clinics is five weeks and costs $79, which includes a free racquet. “We normally have about 120 new players in each session and we see good retention with these players as well,” says Sayoc. “Most continue in other programs and leagues after completing the third phase.”
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers