Serena Williams Participates in WTT QuickStart Clinic
It was a day that the group of children from Randall’s Island Sports Foundation programs will never forget. On July 10, about 50 children were treated to tennis instruction from 11-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams, who had stopped by the courts of Sportime at Randall’s Island in New York City to participate in a QuickStart Tennis clinic.
Williams, who had just won the 2009 Wimbledon singles title, was on Randall’s Island to play a World TeamTennis match. But beforehand, she made time for some area children. A few QST courts were set up at the Sportime facility, and as the children hit balls back and forth, Williams came to join them.
QuickStart “definitely makes [tennis] more exciting,” Williams said. “It was really good to be out there with the kids.”
- Sept. 17-20: PTR Business Development Weekend, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Sept. 21-26: USPTA World Conference, Marco Island, FL
- Oct. 13-16: NRPA Expo, Salt Lake City
Special Request Workshops: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers