Racket up America
The “Racket Up, America!” promotion rolled out to consumers in mid-July and it has been generating huge interest. And now you have a chance to capitalize on this industry-wide promotion, which is designed to drive consumer awareness of tennis while helping to stimulate retail sales.
Anyone who buys a new tennis racquet — of any brand, and at any tennis retailer or pro shop — through Sept. 30 could win a chance to serve for $1 million, along with a trip for two to the finals of the 2010 US Open. The serve will take place at the BNP Paribas Showdown in New York’s Madison Square Garden on March 1, during Tennis Night in America. To enter, consumers register their purchase at playtennis.com/million. Also available are other prizes totaling $10,000.
What’s in it for you? You can use “Racket Up, America!” to help generate sales in your shop, get more people out on court, and boost your business overall. Go to playtennis.com/partner to download all you need to help with this promotion — and to use it to your advantage, too. The partner site has ads, web banners, fliers, templates and other material that you can adapt for your business.
But “Racket Up, America!” goes beyond that, too. “It’s a collaborative industry effort to not only stimulate business at retail, but also is a first step in our focus to pursue other opportunities to support the economic health of our industry on a broader level,” says TIA President Jon Muir. “The other benefit for this promotion will be to utilize this from a general PR aspect to bring more excitement and interest in our sport and still continue the momentum of frequent-player participation growth in tennis that we have experienced over the last few years.”
So go to playtennis.com/partner and get your customers to “Racket Up!” to help not just your business, but the industry, too.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers