Tennis Marketplace Report Offers Key Information
The latest issue of The Tennis Marketplace was released in May and includes an overview from the tennis participation survey, Court Activity Monitor, Cardio Tennis survey, player study, market research, retailer cost of doing business, and more. Some of the findings include:
- Tennis participation grew to nearly 27 million, the highest level in 15 years; participation increased in all categories, including frequent players.
- Play occasions increased 13 percent in 2008.
- Tennis-related indices continue to hold up well against the declining Consumer Confidence Index and Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Shipments of youth racquets rose through year-end 2008.
- In the specialty retail market, dollar sales of racquets were down 3 percent for 2008.
For more information on The Tennis Marketplace, visit TennisIndustry.org or call the TIA at 866-686-3036.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers