News you can use
As consumers buy less, travel less and keep closer watch on their expenses, the recession continues to challenge the marketplace. But despite tough economic news, tennis participation is actually increasing, and while that doesn’t translate into profitable times for every sector of the tennis industry, it certainly bodes well for the industry as a whole.
Tennis is still the fastest growing traditional sport in the U.S. It’s a healthy, lifelong sport. It’s easy to learn and to play. It’s affordable and accessible. And tennis is fun, provides a social network and is great for families. All of these message points align perfectly with what today’s consumers are looking for.
We all need to drive this positive messaging about tennis in order to increase frequent play and attract new players to our sport. And as an industry, we need to help you service those players by increasing our focus on providing the tools and resources needed to help you grow your business.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers