Tennis is the Fastest Growing Traditional Sport — Up 43%
The latest research by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association continues to show impressive news for tennis participation. From 2000 through 2008, tennis was the fastest growing sport in the U.S., increasing participation by 43 percent over every other traditional sport. A distant second place is another racquet sport, racquetball, increasing 11.6 percent in those eight years. The only other sports to show participation increases since 2000 are soccer (up 2.2 percent) and basketball (.1 percent). Every other traditional sport declined in participation, including golf (down 4.3 percent).
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers