News you can use!
As we all keep a watchful eye on the economy, now is the time for us to take advantage of the popularity of tennis. We need to do all we can to attract new people to the sport, and to bring former players back to the game. And with spring just around the corner, we have a great vehicle to use to promote the sport.
On March 2, in conjunction with the live telecast of the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup (see page 7), the USTA is running a major promotion: “Tennis Night in America.”
Tennis Night will feature the first-ever National Youth Registration, encouraging kids to sign up for league play. But it’s a great time for you to register your facility as a Tennis Welcome Center, offering Cardio Tennis, QuickStart Tennis or any other new-player program. Plus, you get free tools and marketing support to promote your facility and programs.
Go to our revamped site — GrowingTennis.com — and see how easy it is to get free publicity to reach thousands of potential new players.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers