Ball & Racquet Shipments Hold Steady in 2008
Economic concerns in the fourth quarter of 2008 put a slight damper on gains made to the third quarter for ball and racquet shipments, but overall, the markets are still well ahead of five years ago. The year finished with an increase of 1.0% for balls and 1.6% for racquets. The annual total of 131 million ball units is 16% ahead of 2003, while 4.5 million racquet units is still an impressive 44% ahead of 2003.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers