News You Can Use!
Coming off positive equipment shipments for 3rd quarter, racquets are up 17.4%, youth racquets up 37.5%, balls up 8.7% and string shipments up 5.2% from 2007. And it’s tied to the positive participation news, especially with play occasions breaking records. But we know the last quarter of 2008 will tell quite a different story.
Is tennis recession-proof? The research shows that a bad economy doesn’t necessarily affect participation — it might actually help it. We need more than ever to do what we do best: work together to support the initiatives and efforts to grow the game. We’ve been the fastest-growing traditional sport, achieving a 30.6% growth in total participation from 2000-2007. And in times like these, we need to stay focused on our core mission to grow the game and the economic vitality of tennis.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers