CT Player of the Month: Mike Fowler
If Mike Fowler, a real-estate executive in the Los Angeles area, didn’t lose 60 pounds, he would be at high-risk for developing diabetes and other serious medical conditions. “After hearing this list of ‘horribles’ that go with being overweight, I decided I better get serious about getting in shape,” he says. When he read an article about Cardio Tennis with Ojakian Tennis in The Los Angeles Times, he decided to give it a try.
Fowler lost 60 pounds playing Cardio three to four times a week and maintaining a healthy diet. “I’ve run into people I haven’t seen in a few years,” he says. “A few of them didn’t even recognize me. I can’t get over the weight I’ve lost!”
Do you or someone you know have what it takes to be Cardio Tennis Player of the Month? E-mail your story to Amanda@tennisindustry.org. If your story is featured, you will win a Cardio Tennis Survival Kit.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers