News you can use!
A recent meeting at the USPTA World Conference included a candid discussion on our “graying” tennis industry and the need to attract younger talent into the business, not only on the teaching front, but in all areas. Many groups have recognized this need, and many (including the USTA, USPTA, PTR, ITA and others) already are actively engaged in these efforts.
To help get us all working collectively to address this issue — and over time bring changes that will assure our sport as a vital, attractive and competitive career choice — the TIA is spearheading an awareness campaign and a “Careers in Tennis” initiative. The RSI story on page 22 helps to lay out this issue. Other initial steps involve fact-finding and research, pulling together our existing resources and identifying the best pathways for this progress to occur.
You can help in this industry-wide initiative by going to tennisindustrynews.org and posting suggestions and comments in the forum. The site also will have progress reports on the campaign.
We look forward to your input and support as we work together to attract and develop future generations who will carry our sport forward.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers