TWC of the Month: Family Circle Tennis Center
Where can you find a $15 million award-winning public tennis facility with 17 lighted courts, a 10,200-seat stadium, year-round tennis programs and tournaments for all ages, and the oldest Tier I women’s pro event in the U.S.? At The Family Circle Tennis Center.
The FCTC, 10 miles from downtown Charleston, S.C., was named one of the Top 50 Tennis Welcome Centers for 2007. When the TWC program began in 2004, the center was one of the first to sign on. “We are constantly changing, adding or deleting programs,” says Rob Eppelsheimer, FCTC director. “When we became a TWC, our junior programming changed toward more grassroots offerings, and we saw a dramatic increase in all junior programming.”
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers