Tennis is the Fastest Growing Traditional Sport!
The SGMA just released the 2007 Sports & Fitness Participation Report, which shows that tennis participation from 2000 to 2007 has increased significantly and is again leading traditional sports! Over the seven-year period, tennis has seen a participation increase of 30.6%.
Other recent research in tennis shows more good news:
- Ball Shipments: up 15% annually from 2003 through 2007.
- NSGA Report: Tennis participation in 2007 rose almost 20% to 12.3 million participants.
- USTA/TIA Tennis Participation Survey: 25.1 million players is the highest since 1999, with a 15% increase in frequent play.
- American Sports Data Survey: Tennis increased 6% since 2000.
- New Sports Participation Partnership with TIA, USTA, SGMA, NGF, Outdoor Industry, and Snowsports Industry: Shows tennis increased 4% in 2007, with 16.9 million players.
- TIA/USTA Court Activity Monitor: 34% of tennis players surveyed said they played more tennis in the last 12 months and 60% of facilities said new players had increased. Using the CAM measure, a total of 137 million courts were booked/used in 2007.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers