Technology News: 100,000th TennisConnect User
A player from South Carolina recently became the 100,000th person to register their player profile on a TennisConnect-powered website. Kim Dye, a 3.5 league player, registered online at theclubatduneswest.com when she was enrolling for the Free-For-All tennis event in early May held at The Club at Dunes West in Mount Pleasant, S.C.
Tennis Director Jack Miller says his TennisConnect-powered website has been a boon to his business. “I love this website,” he says. “It’s so easy to use. I like how the templates are available so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. There’s a lot of legwork that I no longer need to do.”
Miller says all his court reservations are made through the website. “It’s made my life much easier, and it’s made it easier for my players,” he says. “And now, since we’ve added online payment features this year, players pre-pay for events, making budgeting and fee collection much easier.”
More than 400 clubs so far have been set up with a TennisConnect-powered website. The system includes easy to use features such as a court scheduler, group email, ecalendar and much more. (Visit tennisconnect.org.)
“I can access my system from any computer with internet access, whether at the club or at home,” Miller says. “TennisConnect is an amazing communications tool, and it’s saving us a tremendous amount of money.”
The Palmilla Tennis Club at Villas de Oro in Mexico, which features a TennisConnect-powered website (palmillatennis.com), was chosen as the Best Tennis Club in Baja by the 5 million readers of Baja Traveler magazine in its annual “Best of Baja” Reader’s Choice Awards.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers