Ball and Racquet Shipments Forecast To Reach 15-Year High
Shipments of tennis balls and racquets, leading indicators of play, continue to show significant growth. In fact, using the first three quarters to forecast final 2007 shipments produces volumes not seen since the early 1990s. Much of this growth has taken place in the last 4 years with shipments of racquets increasing 37% since 2003 and shipments of balls increasing 14% over the same period. Much of this growth is in youth racquets, which showed a 48.9% increase in units from 2003 to 2006 and a further 15% increase year to date in 2007.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers