News You Can Use!
by Jolyn de Boer
The year continues strong, and the TIA Forum was further proof the industry is working well. Participation, industry sales, pro events, and even pop culture show tennis on the rise.
The sport has grown 12.2 percent since 2000, 10 percent more than its nearest rival, according to SGMA. Since 2003, frequest players are up 10 percent; last year, over 6 million players tried tennis for the first time. Tennis Welcome Centers lead the march in welcoming new players.
TIA, USTA, and industry partners also recognize technoloy's increasing role, not only in equipment development but in reaching these new players. A "growing tennis" system of online tools and services can help build your business, attract new players, and keep existing players more engaged.
With our unified mission in mind, it's certain that positive messaging and technology will keep our sport healthy and growing for years to come.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers