TIA Research: Gauging the Health of Tennis
Each year, the TIA produces more than 70 research reports and surveys in conjunction with our leading research partner, Sports Marketing Surveys. Two recent reports for this industry—and for your business—include the Court Activity Monitor (which will be part of the Tennis Health Index) and the Cost of Doing Business Survey–Facilities.
The Tennis Health Index will be a measure of the overall health of the industry and is being developed together with the USTA. The index will consist of seven components, including a Court Activity Monitor, similar to golf's "rounds played" statistic. You will see an instant report and a quarterly summary on the level of tennis activity in your area, plus a quarterly summary of grassroots tennis activity in your area from the TIA. Your participation in the Tennis Health Index is important—go to www.GrowingTennis.com/public and enter your facility details.
Cost of Doing Business Survey–Facilities indicates that 62 percent of facilities report that court usage is up compared to the same period last year. The 80-page report, which provides a comprehensive study of operational data by region and type of facility, includes trends and comparisons, with information on programming and operational costs. A number of other surveys are under way, including Cost of Doing Business for retailers and a soon-to-be-conducted survey for court contractors.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers