News You Can Use!
by Jolyn de Boer
Welcome to the first edition of a special news section for the Tennis Industry Association. As part of our expanded partnership with Racquet Sports Industry, TIA News & Updates will be appearing in every issue. Articles will also appear online at TennisIndustryMag.com.
With second-quarter numbers just in, industry growth for the first six months continues to show increases in racquet and ball sales. These latest figures con-tinue the bullish streak that began four years ago. In addition, research shows that dealer and consumer confidence have grown, the number of new players trying tennis for the first time has increased, league play has grown, and pro tournament attendance is up. The efforts to grow the game at the grassroots level have also intensified with all areas of the industry working closely with our industry partners and USTA.
TIA Update search
TIA Update items
- Tennis Leads Traditional Sports In Participation Growth Rate
- Attention Tennis Providers: Update or Add Your Information Now at GrowTennis.com!
- 2011 State of the Industry Report
- Retailers: Stock Up On 10 and Under Tennis Balls
- 'Dashboard' tracks progress on 10 and Under Tennis
- Tennis Retail A Key Focus At Industry Meetings
- Simple Message to Serve As a Rallying Call for Industry Growth
- Tennis Providers: What Does PlayTennis.com Mean for You?
- Resources for TIA Retail Members
- Business Assessment Program for Tennis Retailers