Edwards receives 2014 APEX awards
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) announced that Peggy Edwards, Director of Communications and Editor of TennisPro Magazine, was presented with two 2014 APEX Awards (Awards for Publishing Excellence).
Both APEX awards presented to Edwards are for ‘Magazines, Journals & Tabloids - Print’ and were for the July/August 2013 and September/October 2013 issues of TennisPro. TennisPro is the official publication of PTR tennis teachers and coaches. Edwards has been with PTR since 1998.
“PTR is very proud of the accomplishments of TennisPro in receiving two APEX awards for excellence,” said Dan Santorum, PTR CEO. “Education is crucial to PTR’s success, and TennisPro Magazine is one of our vehicles that provides quality education to our members.”
This is the 26th Annual APEX Awards, a competition for writers, editors, publications staff, business and nonprofit communicators. The selection of the 2014 APEX award recipients was based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the success of the entry in achieving overall communications effectiveness and excellence.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,800 members in 124 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ‘Serving’ up treats for Wimbledon
- USTA Foundation appoints new members
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2