Dvorak, Wade honored
USPTA Master Professionals Dave Dvorak and Tommy Wade were inducted into the USPTA, Southern Division Hall of Fame Saturday, May 17, 2014 at the Standard Club in Johns Creek, Georgia. Dave and Tommy were both President of the Southern Division and are past Pride of the South and Southern Division Professional of the Year recipients in addition to receiving the Georgia and Alabama State Professional of the Year award respectively.
Dave is the Director of Tennis at the Dunwoody Country Club where he has been teaching and coaching for the since Jan. 1, 2006. Prior to that, Dave was the Director of Tennis at the Atlanta Country Club for 14 years. Before taking the position at the Atlanta Country Club he was the Head Professional at the Country Club of Roswell for 4 years. Prior to moving to Georgia Dave worked at the East Hills Athletic Club in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dave has served the tennis community in many capacities. He has served the teaching professionals in Georgia as the president of the “Georgia Professional Tennis Association”. He served as Southern Division President as well as Georgia Chapter President. He serves as the Chairman of the “Pro Relations committee” for the USTA Southern section and USTA Georgia. He serves the ALTA Foundation as its Director of Instruction for the Wheelchair tennis program.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition