Djokovic wins third Rome trophy
Rome/Italy — HEAD Racquet Rebel Novak Djokovic claimed his fourth straight win over Rafael Nadal, lifting a third Rome Masters title 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 and will head to the French Open as a major title favorite. The Serb, who recommends the HEAD Graphene Speed, won his fourth match on clay against the Spaniard.
The victory gives Djokovic titles in three of the five Masters 1000 events played so far this season. “After three years it is a pleasure to win this trophy again. Rafa has such a tough game and is a difficult opponent always with his game and style.” said the Serb. Djokovic has now claimed Rome honors in 2008, 2011 and now 2014.
Nenad Zimonjic who promotes the HEAD Graphene Speed and partner Daniel Nestor picked up their 27th tour-level team title in Rome, when they captured the doubles title for a second time after 2009. The sixth seeds defeated Robin Haase and Feliciano Lopez 6-4, 7-6 (2) in the final. It was the their second straight ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown, having lifted the Mutua Madrid Open trophy seven days ago. “The whole week was completely different to Madrid, where we started really well and did not lose a set“, said Zimonjic.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- YTEX sponsors Junior Open
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team