Gaultier claims second British Open title
Dunlop Squash Tour Team member Gregory Gaultier claimed his second British Open title on Sunday, beating fellow Dunlop player Nick Matthew 11-3, 11-6, 11-2 at Hull’s Sports Arena.
Gaultier, who plays with the Dunlop Biomimetic Elite racket, needed only 45 minutes to win his second British Open title (he won previously in 2007). Just last month he reclaimed his world number one status for the third time.
Gaultier commented, “Nick is such a competitor and I knew I had to come out fast to get the win today. It’s unbelievable to come away with my second British Open title though, this is such a special moment in my career.” “Greg’s rivalry with Nick has pushed them both to new playing levels, and now we’re proud to be able to say that the World No.1 and British Open champion, as well as the World Champion, are using Dunlop racquets,” said Hunter Hines, Director of Marketing and Product Development for Dunlop Sports Group Americas
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat tribute to Li Na
- JTCC partners with Tecnifibre
- 8th annual Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp
- U.S. Davis Cup team fights for tournament spot
- NetSuite to name new glass squash court
- Martin joins TIA Board
- Martin elected CEO of ITHF
- New BNPPO website to enhance user experience
- Egyptians and Brits dominate FISU Squash
- Cilic hammers 17 aces in winning first major